Sunday, June 13, 2010

USA vs. England.

Yesterday was a pretty low key day, and thankfully so. Ever since I have come down here, it has been a very fast paced life and I needed a little time to recover and relax. We woke up, ran, and meandered ten minutes down the road to a food market that is held every Saturday. This place was a smorgasbord of delectable morsels. There was too much food, and all for a very good price. People were selling homemade lagers, fresh beef smawhichs, smoothies, waffles, honey, spices and much much more. As soon as we had eaten our fill, we went back to our apartments for some down time before the big game: USA vs. England.
Eventually the time came around, and we headed to a bar down the street to watch the game on the big screen. We pulled out sharpies and our red/white/blue shirts to display our American pride. I sharpied on both of my forearms. On my right it read: DON'T TREAD, on the left: ON ME. Also I wrote a letter on each of my knuckles so when I rapped my fists together it read: AMERICA! We were, like any other fan, rambunctious. We sang our national anthem before the beginning of the game and sang chants periodically. At halftime we took a break, went to the jukebox, and played Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus. The game continued, and I believed that everybody in the bar was cheering for England just to spite us. At either rate, we ended up in a tie, so our group started to play the jukebox and dance the night away. Well that happened for only a half hour before some intoxicated local wanted to join. While his enthusiasm was applauded at first, he took it too far and began get rough with a few of our women. A few of us saw that the girls were starting to get panicky (rightfully so), so we pried him off one of the girls tld him to stop and left shortly thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment