Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Putting it All on the Table




Well, I woke up feeling extra adventurous and a need to see Cape Town. While most of our group wanted to go to the brie for the second week in a row, I decided I would rather do something I had not done yet. I managed to round up three other people to head up the mountain that overlooks Cape Town: Table Mountain. We called up a cab and arrived at the base around 2:00. We waited until the middle of the day so it would be warmer. Also, this time was a rare opportunity to head to the top of the mountain because a cloud usually hangs over the top despite the surrounding weather.^^^finding my inner Zen

We waited in line for about 45min and then took a cable way up to the top of the mountain. I would have liked to hike the trail, but between running and getting people rounded up, there were only so many hours in the day. We boarded and it zipped us up the mountain in under four minutes. The cool thing was that the inside floor of the car cab rotated so eveyone could get a great view. When we got to the top, we spent the next three hours taking pictures and soaking up the sun. On our return, we witnessed quite a sunset as well. We returned home feeling satisfied and accomplished. I doubt any of the others will have a chance to do this between our future schedule and the lack of clear weather.
^^^Me and a few buddies posing for our upcoming album cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment